Updates December 2021:
- We now have electricity supplied to our campus by the Tanzania Power Department.
For years we have had to be very careful with the use of electricity which is expensive because we had to run our generator. Last week we got connected to the national power grid. Now our students can study into the evening and our construction can go forward without generator expense considerations.
The bakery and the chicken house are now completed. Some of our next projects include the following:
- to have a milling machine that can serve us and the neighbors around. We have a need of total of USD $5,000 to complete the building and to buy the machines. This will help us to prepare our own maize flour and grind maize for our food.
- Acquiring a tractor which will help us in producing food and continue to build the sustainability of the school.
A Considerable amount of construction has been taking place at New Dawn Communities in Tanzania! We are making progress with our plan of building an exceptional campus with all of its necessary parts.
- We were recently awarded a matching grant of $42,000 to finish constructing our Kitchen/Bakery. This will be a means of self-sufficiency in the baking and marketing of our very own brand of New Dawn Bread of Life.
- Our Boy’s Dormitory was completed in February and now our young men have their own separate living quarters to settle into. This was our most recent campus development project, which was made a reality by our donor gifts of $160,000.
- We have laid the foundation for our permanent Biology and Chemistry Laboratory. This structure needs to be completed as soon as possible for our upper-class students to fulfill their graduation requirements.
- Our other major capital project to complete is our Administration Building, which also needs to be constructed by the end of 2021 in order to fulfill security requirements for administering our Form IV National Exams at our campus at the end of their final term in 2022.